Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects
- Fredrik Thordendal
- Morgan Ågren
- Dirk Verbeuren
- 29/10/2011 Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects: Dirk Verbeuren session footage
- 26/07/2011 Meshuggah: Fredrik Thordendal Q&A session (updated)
- 24/05/2011 Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects: drum clinic video with Morgan Ågren
- 26/01/2011 Meshuggah: submit queries to guitarist Fredrik Thordendal
- 25/05/2010 Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects: Soilwork's Dirk Verbeuren will also do drums on new album
Fredrik Thordendal is the lead guitarist and a founding member of the swedish metal band Meshuggah.
Under the name Fredrik Thordendal’s Special Defects, Thordendal released his first and only solo album in 1997 titled “Sol Niger Within” with Ultimate Audio Entertainment. The album featured Tomas Haake (drummer of Meshuggah ) on “spoken vocals”, as well as Morgan Ågren on drumkit and Mats Öberg on keyboards, who both have played for “Mats and Morgan” and ” Frank Zappa “. The style of music is best described as very a very similar style to Meshuggah’s thrashy poly rhythmic Metal with Jazz elements and some obscure noise effects such as high pitched shrieks and screams.
The album was remixed and re-released by Ultimate Audio Entertainment and Relapse Records in 1999 under the title “Sol Niger Within version 3.33”. The re-release contains two bonus tracks but omits several parts of the original version, most noticeably, the church organs. The Bonus tracks include “Missing Time” and “Ooo Baby Baby”.
- Pimp Daddy
- djentsea 666
- Thrash Mentality
- aussie djentman
- Collective Mode
- 1 of 11
- Recent additions
- johnny shnizz